Thursday, September 9, 2010

In the News...

I didn't think I'd be posting any more, but I suppose there's always more.
.
I've got three articles left, two of which I'll post here. I've concluded my self-syndicated column series with the following newspapers: the Booker News, the Bowie County Citizens Tribune, the Brackett News, the Brownfield News, the Canadian Record, the Clay County Leader, the Eden Echo, the Fairfield Recorder, the Jefferson Jimplecute, the Lone Star Iconoclast, the Lufkin Daily News, the Pulse, the Seminole Sentinel, the Vernon Daily Record, the Victoria Advocate, the White Oak Independent, and the Wise County Messenger. I thank the publishers and editors of these papers for trusting me with this year-long writing project and for inviting their readers along on the journey. Without you, this walkabout wouldn't have been possible.
.
Click here for the last syndicated article.
.
The Corpus Christi Caller-Times publishes a separate column series, also about the Texas Perimeter Hike. Due to a clever early decision by Cynthia Arbuckle, the paper publishes my columns a month after I submit them, so as to form a safety net of one column. They only recently published the 11th article and will this month publish the finale. Though some themes may be similar between the two column series, this one is entirely independent of the self-syndicated series above. Thank you to Cynthia and the newspaper staff for their interest and support.
.
Click here for the 11th article in the Caller-Times.
.
I dug up a few interviews from Beaumont and Lubbock that I'd forgotten about after the panhandle. Unfortunately, the Beaumont paper doesn't put the entire article online, but you can still see one of my blog photos here and a bit of the text:
.
Click here for the half article in the Beaumont Enterprise.
.
The Lubbock paper on the other hand has posted the entire article online. The reporter Alyssa Dizon was amazingly thorough. She not only interviewed me but also my supervisor at Caprock Canyons State Park and a family I stayed with in Muleshoe. Incredible! No other reporter did this much work for a story. The Lubbock paper would be wise to trust Alyssa with more assignments and a commensurate raise!
.
Click here for the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal article.
.
Until next time? There's always room for another, I suppose. Keep checking!

1 comment:

Karma said...

keep checking back, I will. 3200 miles of mostly roads is like hiking the PCT a dozen times. congratulations again smatt to you and raisin. rest those feet some and..... a bicycle????